Although spent some 5 hours journeying from Cary to the beach and thought I wouldn't feel up to doing anything, Dad and I decided to explore. We walked down the road of the campground to the dunes. We crossed the walkway onto the beach itself and saw to our left, way in the distance, a pier. So I proposed walking to the pier and back -- barefoot! It was nice to move around and a good walk. Then we made our way to the front of the campground to the "store," which was barely a store at all. I was on the prowl for apple juice.
Today, I was left to my own devices. I slept in and had a not too healthy breakfast (read: Poptarts), but then I walked through the campground twice. This probably took 20-30 minutes, and I figured that I better not run any of it, because the road was full of little stones and sand. I could totally see myself wiping out. But I walked briskly, and I worked up a good sweat by the time I returned to the camper to shower and what-have-you.
Not sure what the plan is tonight, but the forecast is rain. Mom said she wanted to see the beach, so I was considering adding another walking venture to round my day out. But we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment