The rain has been a thorn in my side this past week. Every time I readied myself to go out for a walk/run, the sky looked menacing. A quick check of weather.com usually said something to the effect of "WARNING: Thunderstorm imminent. You will be soaked and possibly struck by lightning if you try to go outside!" So that meant I had to keep indoors.
As an alternative, I busted out some sort of Dance DVD that I bought ages ago at Walmart. It wasn't bad, and I was amazed how ridiculously sweaty I got! I learned absolutely no moves though. Nothing I could recall anyway. I just remember Gunthar staring at me with a baffled expression and trying to dancing lunges arond my coffee table.
I did manage to fit in some quick walks, however. Plus, I needed to have pity on my Dad's busted back and had to help heave-ho things in preparation for our trip. We drove up on Thursday. Nothing could be done that day, due to the late hour.
Saturday I tried to be ambitious (which always spells trouble). I took a mountain walk from the cabin to the recycle bins, which is about 1.2 miles. I had to charge up a steep hill in the beginning, but the rest was a steady decline and then a leveling out to a flat surface (which I ran). The problem was that about half-a-mile was going uphill. I had to stop several times, unfortunately. And when I got home, I was a shvetty mess. Took a shower and felt proud of myself and all.
Today (Sunday), I have been DYING. I walk around like an old woman because I'm so sore. I definitely needed to do more stretching. Good grief. Hopefully I won't be that way tomorrow, as I'm heading to Gettysburg! YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment